Ostersund win or draw at 2.62
Under 2.5 Match Goals at 1.95
Ostersunds have performed well so far in their debut European season, reaching the knockout stage. They will be hosting Arsenal at Ostersund Arena on Thursday night.
Here are our analysis and predictions for this game.
Ostersunds vs Arsenal: Form Comparison
- Ostersunds played their first competitive game of the year last week and they returned with 3-0 win. They are now unbeaten in their last 4 games in all competitions.
- Arsenal were defeated in the North London derby on Saturday as they lost 1-0 to Tottenham Hotspurs.
- The Gunners have lost twice in their latest 5 outings and won 3 games which includes a win over Chelsea and 5-1 win over Everton.
- Ostersunds are unbeaten in their 6 European games at home with 5 wins and a draw against Athletic. The 5 victories all featured clean sheets for Ostersund.
- Arsenal’s winning run in the Europa League was halted by Koln in match day 5 as they lost 1-0.
Ostersunds vs Arsenal: Head to Head
- The two sides have no record of any previous meetings, thus this is their first meeting.
- Ostersunds are playing against an English side for the first time.
- Arsenal are yet to lose a game against a Swedish team, they have won 3 of their meetings with Swedish side and drawn 1.
- On Swedish soil, Arsenal have won once against Solna and drawn once against Goteborg.
Ostersunds: Team News
Hosam Aiesh, Smajl Suljevic and Johan Bertilsson are all sidelined for Oestersunds on Thursday.
Arsenal: Team News
Aaron Ramsey missed the north London derby with a minor muscle injury and won’t be risked on Thursday.
January signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang cannot play for Arsenal in the Europa League because he played in Europe with Borussia Dortmund and the German side are now in the same competition as the Gunners.
Fellow January signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan is eligible to play because he has only played in the Champions League this season and Manchester United are still in that competition.
Ostersunds vs Arsenal: Prediction
Ostersund have been a strong side in this competition especially at home, they will surely give Arsenal a run for their money.
Arsenal are the favorites in this game but the bookies have placed a very high price on Ostersund. We are looking to take advantage of that as we expect the home side to maintain their unbeaten run in the game. Ostersund win or draw at 2.62 looks very good.
We are also expecting the game to be a low scoring event as the home side have recorded under 2.5 Match Goals in 6 of their last 7 Europa League games.Under 2.5 Match Goals at 1.95
for other Europa league previews check here