Napoli to win this game at 2.00 odds
under 2.5 goals at 2.07 odds
Napoli win or draw at 1.28 odds
Napoli would be hosting German side Leipzig on Thursday night at Stadio San Paolo.
Here is our analysis and predictions for this game
Napoli vs Leipzig: Form Comparison
- Napoli are flawless in their recent games, they have won all of their last 5 games in all competitions and kept 3 clean sheets.
- The serie A side have won 3 out of their 4 home fixtures in Europe this season. They are also unbeaten at home in Europa for the last 13 games having won 9 and draw 4.
- Leipzig have 3 wins from the last 5 competitive games, a draw and a defeat, keeping 2 clean sheets.
- Leipzig lost 2 away games in Champions League against Beskitas and Portobefore winning 4-1 at Monaco.
- This season happens to be Leipzig’s debut season in Europe and they are the only club to play their European debut at Champions League.
Napoli vs Leipzig: Head to Head
- Both teams are meeting for the first time and also this is Leipzig’s first game against an Italian team.
- Napoli have played 18 games against German teams with 5 wins, 5 draws and 8 defeats.
- Napoli’s home record against German team yields 4 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats.
Napoli: Team News
Dries Mertens and January signing Zinedine Machach are suspended for the home side, while Faouzi Ghoulam and Arkadiusz Milik are both expected to miss out as well.
Christian Maggio will incur a one-match ban if he is booked on Thursday
Leipzig: Team News
January loan signing Ademola Lookman is ineligible for the away side after featuring in the group stage of the competition for Everton.
Stefan Ilsanker is suspended for the first leg, while Marcel Halstenberg is a long-term absentee.
Emil Forsberg was not fit enough to feature at the weekend and remains a doubt here.
Willi Orban will miss the home leg of this tie if he is booked in Naples on Thursday.
Napoli vs Leipzig: Prediction
Napoli are huge favorites in this game considering their recent form and also their form in the Europa League.
We don’t see them getting anything less than a win in this game to give them advantage ahead of the second leg.
We expect Napoli to win this game at 2.00 odds with a 2-0 score line which sets up under 2.5 goals at 2.07 odds
However, it’s safe to go for Napoli win or draw at 1.28 odds
for other Europa league previews check here