over 2.5 match goals at 1.70
Marseille win with a 3-1 score line
This is regarded among the top matches in this round of Europa League, Marseille will be hosting Braga on Thursday night.
Here are our analysis and predictions for his game.
Marseille vs Braga: Form Comparison
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last 6 competitive games with 4 wins and 2 draws. They scored 23 goals in the process and kept 3 clean sheets.
- In Europe, Marseille have won 4 out of their 5 European games at Stade Velodrome this season and drawn 1. They scored 10 times and let in 3 goals.
- Marseille last lost a home European game 2 years ago against Athletic Club.
- Braga have lost twice in their last 5 competitive games and won 3. They kept only 1 clean sheet in this period.
- Braga are yet to get a clean sheet in their last 22 European fixtures, however they have lost just once in their last 7 away games in Europe.
Marseille vs Braga: Head to Head
- The two sides have only met in group stage of 2015/16 Europa League, they both won at their respective homes.
- Olympique Marseille have lost 7 of their 12 games against Portuguese side, they have won 3 of the games and drawn twice.
- Marseille have won 3 games at Stade Velodrome against Portuguese teams, they have drawn once and lost twice.
- Braga have lost twice against French teams in their 4 meetings, they have won once and drawn once.
- In France, Braga are yet to win a game, their two games there have recorded a draw and a defeat.
Marseille: Team News
Steve Mandanda came off before half-time in Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Saint-Etienne and isn’t expected to recover in time to play here.
Lucas Ocampos and Grégory Sertic are both doubts for Marseille.
Ocampos will incur a one-match suspension in the Europa League if he is booked on Thursday.
Braga: Team News
Raúl Silva misses the trip to France through suspension, while Ricardo Esgaio will miss the return leg if he is booked on Thursday.
Marafona is injured for the away side, while Ricardo Ferreira and Fransergio have been removed from the club’s Europa League squad.
Danilo is available again after serving a suspension at the weekend and will start in central midfield.
Marseille vs Braga: Prediction
Marseille are the favorites in this game considering their recent form and their home form in the competition.
They look well composed at the moment and their scoring form should be a big threat to the visitors. Considering they have scored 23 goals in their last 6 outings we expect them to score at least twice here.
Braga also are good in attack an we expect them to grab at least a goal in this game.
We are considering over 2.5 match goals at 1.70 and a Marseille win with a 3-1 score line
for other Europa league previews check here