Atlanta win or draw at 2.20 odds
under 2.5 goals at 2.10 odds
Borussia Dortmund finished 3rd in the Champions League behind Tottenham and Real Madrid, this has set them up for a Europa League round of 32 fixture with Atalanta.
Here is our analysis and predictions for this game.
Dortmund vs Atlanta: Form Comparison
- Dortmund are slightly the better side in form guide, they returned to winning ways this February after series of draw in January. They have won 2 of their last 5 competitive games and draw 3.
- Dortmund are winless in their last 8 European games, they have drawn twice and lost 6 while 3 of their last 4 ended in defeats.
- Dortmund got only 2 points in the Champions League group stage but finished 3rd on goal difference.
- Atlanta have won twice in their last 5 competitive games, draw once and lost twice.
- Atlanta are among the 4 teams that finished Europa League group stage unbeaten. They won 4 of the games and drew 2.
- Atlanta have won only two of their 12 away European games, having drawn 5 and lost 5.
Dortmund vs Atlanta: Head to Head
- The two sides have no previous head to head record, thus this is their first meeting.
- BVB have played 31 games against Italian teams, they have won 10 of the games, lost 17 and drawn 4.
- Atlanta have only played against one German side koln, they won at home and drew at Germany.
Dortmund: Team News
Borussia Dortmund included January loan signing Michy Batshuayi in their squad for the knockout phase of the competition, but Manuel Akanji, Marco Reus and Jadon Sancho have also been added.
The Bundesliga side will be without at least six players because of injury for Thursday’s meeting with Atalanta.
Julian Weigl will miss the second leg if he is booked against Atalanta on Thursday.
Atlanta: Team News
Atlanta have no new injury news but Andrea Masiello and Josip Iličić will be suspended for the return leg in Italy if they are booked on Thursday.
Dortmund vs Atlanta: Prediction
The bookies have over priced Dortmund as they see them as favorites buy we think otherwise.
Atlanta are seen as the dark horses of this tournament, having lost only 3 of their last 16 games in all competitions. They are yet to lose away from home since November and have won 6 if their last 8 away games.
Meanwhile, Dortmund have won only 2 of their last 11 home games and don’t look as good as the fans expected.
We see value in Atlanta win or draw at 2.20 odds while we expect a 1-1 draw from the game which sets up under 2.5 goals at 2.10 odds
for other Europa league previews check here