over 2.5 goals at 2.14 odds
Astana win or draw at 1.8 odds
As the 2017/18 kickoff stage of the Europa League kicks off, Astana being the first Kazakhstan side to reach Europe knockout stage will be hosting Sporting CP at Astana Arena on Thursday night.
Here are our analysis and predictions for this game
Astana vs Sporting CP: Form Comparison
- Astana have not been in any competitive action this year, their last competitive game was in December.
- Sporting’s last 6 games have recorded 4 wins and 2 draws, which they kept clean sheets in 3 and failed to score twice.
- Astana’s home defeat to Villarreal in match day 5 ended 17-game unbeaten home run in Europe. (W9 D8)
- Astana have scored in all of their last 8 European home games which records 18 goals for them.
- Sporting are poor on European away games, they have lost 6 of their last 8 away games in Europe. They are playing in this Europa League stage for the 6th time.
Astana vs Sporting CP: Head to Head
- This two sides are meeting for the first in any European competition.
- Astana have never won a game against Portuguese sides though they have only played against Benfica. They drew 2-2 at home in the game and lost 2-0 at Portugal.
- This is Sporting’s first ever game against a Kazakh club, thus the team is traveling to Kazakhstan for the first time.
Astana vs Sporting CP: Prediction
This may be Astana’s first knockout European game but we see them as worthy opponent despite not being in action for long. The game won’t be an easy one for both sides and considering their scoring forms we expect the game to be a high scoring one.
Sporting have seen over 2.5 match goals in 5 of their last 6 Europa League games while Astana has average of 2.25 goals per game in their last 8 European home games. With this we are backing over 2.5 goals at 2.14 odds
We expect Astana to get at least a point from this game and wait on the reverse leg at Portugal. Astana win or draw at 1.8 odds looks good
for other Europa league previews check here